|1910 Cable Car # 23 Before Restoration|
Cable car #23 was built around 1910 and operated on California Street in San Francisco until the 1930's. There were some two dozen cars that provided this service. In those days, crews were assigned to a specific car and always operated the same one.
There were a few "spare" cars for use when major repair or maintenance was needed on one of the regular cars. Car # 23 was one of these "spares".
This car is located in the trolley barn, but plans for its restoration have not been finalized.