2479 Progress Report - April 8, 2007
From John Ezovski
- Drilled out the 5 staybolt holes that were welded last Saturday.
- Reamed, tapped and installed 3 staybolts.
- Installed caps on all remaining throat and side sheet flexible staybolts.
This brings to a close the replacement of the near 180 staybolts
that began over three years ago.
These bolts were removed from the throat sheet, combustion
chamber, and side sheets as they were not drilled up into the head.
Two rigid and one flexible stay are still to be installed.
The two rigid were removed late last year to allow pad welding on a small
area of the fireman's side sheet.
The flexible still requires installation of its sleeve.
- Verified the position of new new face plate for the shoe side of driver
number 2 fireman's pedestal.
This plate may now be welded into place.
- Sanded flat outside shoulder of #2 wedge pedestal engineer's side.
This allowed for installation of the shoe and wedge #2 driver,
engineer's side and measure for parallel.
Shoe and wedge are good.