Community Endorsements for the Railroad Museum
The railroad museum will enrich the San Jose and Santa Clara county in numerous ways. It will let us experience our historical heritage; it will help us understand how people lived in a world that was not powered by the automobile; it will give concrete reality to the imagination of our children; and the museum grounds will provide recreational opportunities and add to the evolving and growing Guadalupe river corridor.
CTRC is reaching out to the community. Using scale models, power point slides, and handouts, CTRC has been presenting our San Jose Railroad Museum Park proposal to various community groups. As a result of these presentations, we have received formal endorsements from neighborhood and community organizations. If broad public support can be generated, the San Jose City Council may assist in seeking the public funds necessary to acquire the privately owned Coleman property for a public park. A portion of the park would be dedicated toward the railroad museum. We will not ask for public money to build this facility â it will be done by volunteers and donated services.
And the community is responding. Formal endorsements for the project are starting to accumulate. Additional endorsements are expected.
Below is a list of the formal endorsements received to date. (Each item below is a link to the full text of the endorsement.)
- City of San Jose Parks and Recreation Commission
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Vendome Neighborhood Association
- Friends of Guadalupe River Park & Gardens
- Thirteenth Street Neighborhood Advisory Committee
- Willow Glen Neighborhood Association
- The Alameda Business Association
- The St. James Historic District Neighborhood Association
- Shasta Hanchett Park Neighborhood Association (S/HPNA)
- The San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce
- The Central Coast Chapter - National Railway Historical Society
- The San Jose Downtown Association
- The California Pioneers of Santa Clara County
- The Preservation Action Council of San Jose
- Rose Garden Neighborhood Preservation Association
- Ben Cannon